The Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action is flexible and modular, allowing students to choose from two options to organize their studies - either a one year course, or a flexible 2-3 year course.
Option i: a mas IN 1 ACADEMIC YEAR
- The MAS starts in September with a core course (DAS) focusing on context analysis
- It continues with 2 practical specialized courses (CAS) over Spring
- Several classes of dissertation methods are given throughout the academic year
- A dissertation has to be handed in over Summer in order to complete and obtain the MAS
Note: This option is the only one applying to students who have a scholarship.
OPTION ii: A MAS IN 2-3 ACADEMIC YEARs
- In this Option, students can start the MAS (1) with the core course (DAS) or (2) with the specialized course of their choice (CAS)
- The students continue with 2 practical specialized courses (CAS) over Spring
- The students have the flexibility to spread all other courses throughout the 2 to 3 remaining years. The detailed study plan is to be discussed with the Head of Learning
- A dissertation has to be handed in to complete and obtain the MAS
Note for Option I & II:
The 3 research weeks are mandatory and to be taken according to the pre-established schedule, on CERAH Geneva campus.