ADVOCACY FOR HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS IN HEALTH
next session: new dates for 2021 to be announced
This executive short course focuses on the tools and skills necessary to develop effective advocacy strategies for humanitarian interventions in the health area.
- Elaborate an advocacy plan to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian interventions
- Define the principal steps for implementation of the advocacy plan
- Choose the appropriate methodology for advocacy efforts according to the targeted audience
- Understanding the limits and the potential of advocacy in the frame of medical projects
- Meeting specialists of advocacy
- Practicing useful tools to set up an advocacy strategy
- Develop an advocacy strategy applicable to practical case studies
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
2 ECTS - Credits recognized by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
Jean-Marc BIQUET, Geneva Centre for Education & Research in Humanitarian Action