THEMATIC SHORT COURSE - CRISIS MANAGEMENT
NEXT SESSION: February 26 - March 2, 2018
Humanitarian organisations and workers are repeatedly being targeted or directly affected by the crisis they are responding to. Working in volatile and sometimes dangerous environments entails a need to be properly equipped to respond to an eventual crisis.
This course will focus on your response as a manager in pre-crisis, crisis and post-crisis when members of your team are targeted or directly affected in cases of abduction, epidemics and disasters triggered by natural hazards.
Evaluate and adapt your managerial and human resource set up based on severe humanitarian constraints.
More specifically, you will be able to
- Recognise the organisational and managerial set up needed to deal with a sudden and significant negative event affecting your team
- Acquire the fundamentals on risk and security management
- Explore individual and organisational legal considerations
- Identify the mechanisms to implement prevention, response and recovery from a crisis
- Recognise and analyse the consequences of lacking or weak crisis management systems
2 ECTS - Credits recognized by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.