CERAH Panel Discussion
“When healthcare is in danger, what can we do?”
CERAH PANEL DISCUSSION
ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2, 18:30 – 20:30
Attacks on medical facilities in conflict zones have killed and injured countless patients and healthcare professionals in recent years, destroying infrastructures and depriving people of access to medical care.
Moderator Prof Doris SCHOPPER, Director of CERAH, medical doctor and professor at the Medical Faculty of Geneva University will ask representatives of ICRC, WHO and MSF, who are exposed in the field together with affected populations: “When healthcare is in danger, what can we do?”
- Erin Kenney, Technical Officer, attacks on health care, WHO health emergencies programme
- Marine Buissonière, Not A Target Senior Coordinator, MSF
- Ali Naraghi, Head of the Health Care in Danger project, ICRC
Denunciating that medical facilities are #NotATarget, MSF will also present a short film and expose their expo booth in front of the auditorium.
Click to respond to the event invitation
Place and time
Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 18:30 - 20:30
Medical Faculty UNIGE
Auditorium A250, avenue de Champel 9, 1206 Genève
This conference will be held during CERAH’s Thematic Short Course: Health in Humanitarian Emergencies.
- Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action - CERAH
- International Comittee of the Red Cross - ICRC
- Médecins Sans Frontières - MSF
- University of Geneva (UNIGE) and UNIGE Medical Faculty
- World Health Organization – WHO